Carbon Filter - 100x500 mm (4"x20)
Activated carbon filters work via a process called adsorption, whereby pollutant molecules in the air are to be treated and trapped inside the pore structure of the carbon substrate. Carbon filtering is commonly used for water purification, in air purifiers and industrial gas processing, for example the removal of siloxanes and hydrogen sulfide from biogas. It is also used in a number of other applications, including respirator masks, the purification of sugarcane and in the recovery of precious metals, especially gold. It is also used in cigarette filters.
Typical particle sizes that can be removed by carbon filters range from 0.5 to 50 micrometres. The particle size will be used as part of the filter description. The efficacy of a carbon filter is also based upon the flow rate regulation. When the water is allowed to flow through the filter at a slower rate, the contaminants are exposed to the filter media for a longer amount of time.
- Highly effective, low density virgin carbon
- Machine packed carbon enables 100% filtered air flow
- Inner and outer mesh provides 53% open area allowing increased air flow
- Includes changeable Velcro pre-filter
- Switchable filter flange and base for longer lifetime
- Large selection of sizes available to fit any application
- Removeable velcro pre-filter